Happy 7th Birthday Miss B!
I couldn’t contain my smile as you told me this morning, “7 is practically a grown up!”
It did brighten me up after our conversation last night just before you went to bed when you told me, “Daddy, this is the last night I’ll be 6 years old, forever.”
A few things you did this past year that I’m going to remember:• Telling me you now know what you want to be when you grow up: a teacher during the day, a waitress at night, and a veterinarian on the weekends.
• After your first day of 2nd grade, asking if you could please change your name to “Jennifer.”
• You waking up and getting your little brother up too. And sometimes making him breakfast and/or starting a parade through the house right at dawn.
• Riding rollercoasters, specifically your favorite one, Thunder Mountain at Disneyland 4 times in a row.
• That biggest smile in the world you give when I let you drive the Duffy boat in the bay.
• Wanting to learn how to play a cigar box guitar made by a guy named “Mr. Bob.”
• Our negotiations for a dog. The one that you promise that you’ll feed, clean up after, walk, and brush hours a day that I won’t even have to even touch…(rolls eyes)
Your favorite things at this moment:• Your iPod Touch and all of the games and music on it.
• Sleepovers at your best friend’s house.
• Watching that movie “Xanadu” over and over, and over again.
• YouTube vides clips of old musicals.
• Favorite restaurant is still “Souplantation” after all of these years!
• Playing games on the iPad with your little brother.
• Making the most unusual but interesting crafts.
• Playing restaurant waitress at home, in the car, and at real restaurants.
• Going to the beach, playing in the sand, our family hikes, picnics, and bunk beds.
• Tweety Bird, Snoopy, Totoro, Hello Kitty, and a collection of stuffed animals and pillow pets.
• Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, Adele and some song called “Dynamite” that you play a little too much…
I’m going to miss that 6 year-old forever, but can’t wait to make some memories with this amazing 7 year-old that’s practically a grown up.