(A letter to my daughter on her 10th birthday)
Happy 10th Birthday Miss B or as you call it, “finally in the double-digits.”
A few things you did and said this past year that I’m going to remember forever:
- Hearing all about your new adventures in your new school this year.
- The day you said you can’t order off the kids menu anymore because "somebody might find out” and you are not a kid anymore.
- You’re still completely obsessed with stuffed animals. You don’t mind being, “the cat lady of stuffed animals.”
- You still like it when I put little doodles in your lunch and share then with your friends. Except the Olaf one, apparently he’s not cool anymore but Unicorns, Pigicorns, and Pandacorns are totally fine.
- You play with your little brother, have better patience, and help him out.
- Playing Minecraft together for hours.
- Speaking of Minecraft, your obsession with watching Stampylonghead videos (that english voice haunts me!)
- Your obsession with building things, be it crafts or contraptions out of random junk. Yes, your mother doesn’t like the 'mess' but I think it’s all creative and love the things you’ve come up with.
- And your obsession with cute things - baby red panda’s, kittens, puppies, bunnies… whatever! All the cute posters have taken over your room.
- Handmade gifts you’ve created for Father’s Day or just any day "just because.”
- Your bravery this past year - you can now sail, surf in the ocean, and play the piano in front of crowds. You overcame your fears and now you know you can do anything you put your mind to.
- The time we spend together on hikes, vacations, weekends, or just sitting around playing games.
The saddest thing I’m going to remember - you excitedly said just before going to bed, “Say goodbye to your 9YO forever, because tomorrow I’ll be 10!”
I’m going to miss that 9YO versions of you, but looking forward to our new adventures when you’re 10.