Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Thank Mel for this - she's the one who "tagged" me. Like if there are only "5" things weird about me. (She should no better…)
(Big Breath) Here we go:
1. I have a strange fascination with midgets or the politically correct term ‘little people’. Not to make fun of them, but I just think it would be cool to hang out with them (did you know some are in bands!) I may tell people I want to dress them up like Care Bears with 80’s hair band logo’s on their stomachs and go Trick or Treating with them; but I really wouldn’t do that. I just think they’re very interesting.
2. I still think David Hasselhoff is really cool ever since I was a kid. Knight Rider was my favorite show – the car, the “Knight Industries”, Bonnie. Maybe it’s the talking car or all the chicks he surrounded himself on Baywatch. Maybe it’s the chest hair. If I had chest hair like that, maybe I could be a movie star too. One could only dream.
3. I went to a Michael Bolton Concert once with “Special Guest” Kenny G. My ears bled the first hour (It was all for a woman of course – the things guys put up with…). Afterwards I didn’t think it was that bad because Michael Bolton had a K-Mart fan on stage so it could blow his mullet (long hair) back while he bent down to sing “I Thought I Loved You, But I Lied”. I thought that was a nice touch.
4. I had lunch with Debbie Gibson years ago. If I would have showed some “cleavage” maybe I would be Mr. Debbie Gibson now.
5. I absolutely HATE the Beatles. I had a roommate for years while in college who swore they could cure cancer or feed stray animals just by playing their music loud. I don’t care what people say; I think the Olsen Twins have more talent. Exception – Paul McCartney duets with Michael Jackson. I’m not sure why that is.
6. If I’m flipping through the cable channels and I come across “Saved By the Bell”, “Golden Girls”, “Full House”, I’ll stop and watch. I think Screech, Rose, and Kimmy Gibbler are all the same people just in different stages of life. It drives my wife crazy when she could be watching "real" shows like "Law and Order: SUV" (yes, I know I called it SUV and not SVU).