I can’t believe it's been two years since I started this here “blog” – where’d the time go? Back then my daughter was 3 weeks old and I was still getting used to being “a parent”, “someone’s dad”, “old?”
It’s funny how things work; I originally had no intention of starting a blog, I read a few but that’s about it. I set up a blogger account to help a writer friend set up his and just started writing random stuff - I posted here and there, but nothing I thought anybody would actually read.
Somehow it evolved as I wrote more about my life as a dad, started reading other parents, people reacted, and my original 10 visitors a day grew (to 20…!)
I think I found “my blog voice” when I hit a bunny on the road with my daughter in the car (you can read that here.)
I’m not sure how many of you have thought about this-- but when do you stop? How long do you blog? Do we stop when our kids find out we write about them, their friends find out, and they’re embarrassed? Or maybe when they leave for college? Or when grandkids show up?
I'm not entirely sure... maybe it stops when it ceases to be fun.
A few highlights over the year:
- My daughter turns 2
- Things I love and hate about being a Dad
- Vacation in Fiji
- Canada takes my wife
- Aliens abduct my baby girl and replace her with a toddler
- KFC changes their chicken - My letter to Colonel Sanders
- The CTD interview that sold millions of books
- My kid saw me pee
- Men are from Mars, In-Laws are from Uranus (and they watch Football)
- Birthday party: Chuck E Cheese is one ANGRY rat
- Thank YOU for being a friend (with a Wii)
- Parents that wait in line for hard-to-find Christmas gifts
- Do you tell your kid the truth about Santa?
- When the kids falls and gets a bruise, strangers look with suspicion
- Smell alcohol on the dentist? Scream!
- Men that do pretty good manicure's and pedicures?
- Who's that guy singing along at the Lionel Richie concert
- Get me a beer, I'm feeling pretty manly after changin' the oil
- Strippers have "Daddy-Issues"
- It's NOT a facial - It's a MEN's facial!! (very popular with Google searches)
- 5 weird things about me
- Strangers that share their medical history