Tuesday, July 10, 2007

To My Daughter On Her 2nd Birthday


Happy Birthday Miss Bean!

I just can't believe you're 2. Where did the time go...!?

It seems as if were yesterday watching you make your grand entrance into this world (I cut your cord and didn’t pass out), bringing you home for the first time (that nervous drive home took a lot longer than normal), and then staring at you in complete amazement wondering what adventures lay ahead and what kind of person you were going to be (watching you sleep was better than any TV show.)
Never would I have imagined the absolute joy of watching you grow, learn, walk, and talk. Most of all – the happiness and delight you bring to your mommy and I (your smile and laugh still make me melt...) I'm still in awe at how much that delicate baby I once held is gone, growing up fast, and getting a little more independent each day. Although, in my eyes, you’ll still be my little baby girl (even when you’re 30...)

Some of your favorite things:
Doodlebops, The Wiggles, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Cinderella, Animals (especially monkeys), Wooden Puzzles, your Cheetah Girls 2 purse filled with aliens, trucks and princesses, Books, Play Kitchen & Cooking, Coloring & Drawing, the slide in the park, Dancing, Singing.

Things I'm going to miss most when you grow up:
Cooking me Sushi, Rice, and Edamame in your play kitchen, eating "crackcorn" (popcorn), putting your stuffed animals to bed, your stinky blanket that has magical powers, how something simple - like a bug or a flower - can be a celebrity in your eyes.

What you asked for your birthday:
A bike (I bought you that LikeABike knockoff that you need to grow into), Ice Cream, Strawberries, drive the MINI Cooper (go ask your mom...)

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many Many Happy Returns Of The Day Miss Bean!

A wonderful tribute to your lovely cute daughter on her birthday...

Well now you have to change your blog description and change it to dad of 2 years old. :)

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Miss Bean! It's been fun hearing about you growing up. :)

Em said...

Happy Birthday! The time does go by so quickly. My youngest is 13, but I still remember our "meals" in the Fisher-Price kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Miss Bean. Aside from being absolutely adorable, you have a great dad who is head-over-heels in love with you. Life is great. Enjoy being two!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Beautiful blog, this is one of the posts that when you read it many years later, you still may need a box of kleenex...

Bob Speakman said...

I am a new dad (my daughter is almost 6 months old) and all of those things you mentioned are still fresh in my mind. I cut the cord too and didn't pass out either! :) I was happy that I didn't pass out from anything that day. The ride home was especially slow for us - snow and ice on the road.

This has been a great journey thus far. Thank you so much for giving me new things to look forward too!

Darren said...

Happy 2nd to her!

Don't worry, she'll outgrow the Doodlebops and Wiggles...but that's a little sad too, isn't it?

carrie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl!!

Carrie

Whit said...

Happy Birthday!

Time sure flies.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of your daughter.

I agree that watching your own sleeping baby is better than watching TV.

painted maypole said...

I write a letter each year the May Queen, too, and include her favorite things. She will be so glad to have this when she is older. Good Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Late as always, but bearing wishes that the birthday was indeed a happy one.

(At least she is asking to drive the Mini and not one of her own... yet)

Jenifer said...

Isn't it amazing how time flies? My baby girl will be 3 next month!!! AND my baby is almost a year old.....ALREADY! OMG...time to have another baby!

OhTheJoys said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!

Dad Stuff said...

Happy Birthday! Now the 'terrific' two's start.

Ryan said...

Feliz cumpleanos.

Time goes by so quickly. Isn't it amazing? I was just thinking tonight how I have forgotten what my first son's laugh sounded like when he was one. I was thinking this as I heard my second son laugh (he's one). Thank God for digital video cameras.

Whirlwind said...

Aww, Happy Birthday! Did you survive the party?

Each birthday is bittersweet, but so far for me, I was most emotional at 5.

Unknown said...

"watching you sleep was better than any TV show." sniff sniff.

Happy Birthday Miss Bean!

Ben and Bennie said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl.

kittenpie said...

Happy birthday to your cute little bean. I am feeling all goopy like this myself lately.

Radioactive Tori said...

Awww..Happy Birthday! This was really sweet!

Anonymous said...

Aw Tony...I wish my daddy was half as sweet as you.

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. May this year treat you all well.

Namito said...

A belated Happy Birthday to your little one!

Hope she had lots of "crackcorn", and a fabulous joyride!

wayabetty said...

Ahhh, she's adorable!!!!!!! Happy b-day to you sweetie pie. I hope daddy will bring home a bucket of Popeye's dressing up as the Colonel serving you!

Btw, does daddy own a shotgun yet? ;-)

Octopus Grigori said...

Happy B-Day! Two is the best.

Mitch McDad said...

Happy birthday Miss Bean! Did your daddy buy you an iPhone?
Now whatch out for that crackcorn, its a tough habit to break.

(I broke down and got my iPhone...its amazing. On it right now.)

Jenster said...

She's a beautiful girl and this was a beautiful post!

Creative-Type Dad said...

Mitch McDad -- I think my iphone is crackcorn...

wayabetty -- yes! and I'm practicing my anger snarl too

Phil Bolsta said...

As a loving dad, I bet you can relate to this music video I put together about all the wonderful "Daddy and Erin" moments I shared with my daughter!

http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2009/10/19/pitch-video/

And here's a post I wrote about a creative way to heighten your appreciation of your little bear cub and cherish her all the more:
http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/proactive/

Blue skies!

Phil Bolsta
philbolsta@mac.com