(It’s that time of year again; my annual letter to my daughter on her birthday.)
Miss Bean! Or as you now call yourself “Sunshine Sparkles Princess Ballerina Fairy”,
Happy 4th Birthday! I say this with both enthusiasm and sorrow as the year has flown by far too quickly. I know it’s cliché to say but I really can’t believe how fast these 4 years have gone by. I still remember the day you were born (with the attacking Ninja’s) like it was yesterday.
A few things I’ve enjoyed the past year watching you grow:
- Stories of your imaginary sisters Sauna and Nana from Cloud Mountain, and their baby brother Lightening Bubblegum.
- Our trip to Paris and the experience through your eyes.
- How excited you get doing chores, helping, and putting stickers on your chore chart.
- Asking for a cat and then drawing pictures of you two playing. It didn't work but I admire the effort.
- Listening to you sing just about anywhere and ballet dancing in the aisles of stores without even thinking.
- The tea parties you throw while dressed up like a Fairy or Princess.
- Playing restaurant in the car on the way to school by taking meal orders and telling your mommy and me the specials of the day - like "Tree Pie."
- Painting and drawing together. Seeing your vivid imagination at work.
Your favorite things at this moment:
The color Pink. Souplantation. Music from Elvis, Bee-Gee’s, and Coldplay. Movie night on the giant screen with the neighbors, any art projects that we do together, Ballet. Anything that has to do with Paris. Making crafts and pictures for friends. Playing games on the iPhone and Wii. Making Pizza’s together while singing Tom Jones songs. Anything that has to do with Ariel or Silvermist.
Watching DVD’s Blue Hawaii, Little Mermaid, Fantasia 2000, The Three Caballeros, and AristoCats over and over again.
Tonight on the eve of your birthday as we made, of course ‘pink’, cupcakes for your preschool class I realized how much I’m going to miss you at 3. But at the same time I’m looking forward to the memories waiting for us when you're 4.
You may be a year older, but in my eyes I’ll always see that cute little baby girl with those big eyes, huge smiles, and silly belly laughs - even when your 30.