I was tagged by real-life friend Rick for this (I did another similar to this called “5 weird things about me” awhile back too..)
1. I was in a Roller Skating Rink advertisement when I was 11. For the coolest rink in town at the time – Skate Country. It was a staged birthday party scene with 4 other kids (I was in the center- the “supa-star” birthday kid.) The thing ran locally for nearly a year. I was even recognized once at the local Sizzler and at the mall. I wish I can find the advertisement and put in on a t-shirt.
2. My Art teacher in High School told me that I would never have an Art career. That got to me motivated and so I did everything in my power to prove her wrong (even used voo-doo…. Well no, not really.) In reality, that’s probably the best thing anybody ever did for me, since I ended up where I am today. I tried to get in contact with her about 10 years ago, but she had passed away.
3. I had an encounter with a Spice Girl. When the Spice Girls did their movie premiere of “Spice World” in Hollywood, a friend and I went to a restaurant they were going to be at (we had some inside info.) I almost ran into Posh (aka: "Hot Spice" or Victoria) near the restroom, she stopped and said “hello thar” to me...in that posh English accent. That was cool.
4. I can play Depeche Mode songs on the accordion. Actually, that’s about all I can play on it. When I was a kid, I wanted to take piano lessons like everybody else. But somehow I ended up taking accordion instead. I still have the thing in my grandparent’s garage – I wonder if the DM sticker is still on it?
5. I was a vegetarian for 13 years. It ended just after we had my daughter, I had 2 reasons for eating meat again 1) I didn’t want my daughter to be picky about food; possibly hearing “Daddy doesn’t eat cow, so why should I?” 2) There’s this freaky vegan (ya’ know, the kind that doesn’t eat anything that casts a shadow) at work that weights like 12, maybe 13 pounds and both her daughters (around age 4 and 9) are vegans too (she said “they” made the decision themselves…yeah, sure, O.K.) I’ve seen pictures of them and they look weird - like that one drugged out Olsen twin.
If you want to do this on your blog, leave a comment and I’ll link to you.