Friday, August 25, 2006

My Evil Clothes Twin


I hate it when this happens!! I come into work today with an olive green shirt and a specific shade of jeans wearing brown shoes. While standing at the elevator this morning this guy walks up and stands besides me. Something about this guy...Hold on! The dude is wearing pratically the same thing as me. (Nooooo!!....Sometimes I wish I had the power to freeze time, for 10 seconds, so I can get out of dodge - fast!)

Seriously there's nothing that makes you feel really stupid than two guys dressed exactly the same, waiting for an elevator, when people are walking by and you're one of them. I got really nervous (which isn't like me, all all), what do I do?

1- Walk away slowly and don't acknowledge the "incident"(could that be too obvious...)
2- Do I say "Hey Man, Nice threads. I see you got "the memo" and then wink followed by a pistol-point hand gesture (laugh at it and hope he laughs too, but this guy could be somebody important. They don't laugh at things like this)
3- Ignore it like you never noticed (and just imagine everybody walking by thinking "Hey Ma! look at those freaks, they're dressed the same...Heee-Hawwww!")

It's split second decisions that can make or break somebody. I ran to the nearest exit, which happend to be the bathroom. Stood at the mirror, washed my hands, counted to 30, then walked back out. He was still there (I screamed on the inside). I seriously need to start taking the stairs.

13 comments:

Ryan said...

Nah, you just have to say, "oh, I guess you got the memo too."

Diana said...

damn slow elevators...

junebee said...

Oh, does that happen to guys too? Guess because I've worked mostly with women I hadn't had the chance to observe.

Actually, it's rather surprising how often that DOES happen. Especially black on Mondays, that happens alot!

Anonymous said...

Dude...next time that happens, I think you should just follow the guy around all day and stand 2 feet behind him. You can be his little shadow. That'll show him not to crib your style!

Anonymous said...

Is it always the same guy? or differnt people?

Every time and I mean EVERY TIME Wendy Boucher (another blogger) and I get together, we have the same outfit on but we just think it's funny.

dennis said...

You mean with all the people watching you did not link arms at the elbows and give him a big wet one on the cheek and proclaim "Honey, we truly are on the same wavelength!"

man, it sucks that you worked so hard to stand out, only to become one of the crowd.

MommyHeadache said...

Probably best to ignore. Why get your knickers in a twist about something you can't change?

Angel Baby said...

This has never happened to me... but I know it happens a couple times a year to my husband. But that's what you get for wearing blue shirts with khaki pants, right?

chanchow said...

You should've gotten into his face and said, "don't you ever do this again."

Ryan said...

Maybe this guy is stalking you. You otta get a restraining order...

Creative-Type Dad said...

Really interesting suggestions...and I'm likin' what I'm readin'

Radioactive Tori said...

These comments are almost as funny as the post! My husband has the dressing the same thing ahppen to him all the time. I'm nto sure what he does, but I think he just ignores it...it isn't like he can change!

Josh said...

LMAO!! Never knew those things bothered guys. Next time knee him in the crotch and run :)