Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Baby Cruising and Popular Filipino Baby Names


I’m not sure when it happened, but what started out as my daughter holding onto couches and chairs for a week or two (with maybe a few steps left and right), has somehow instantly transformed herself into Spiderman --grabbing onto things and quickly attaching herself to chairs, stools, walls, legs, etc. Making her way to things like trashcans, the knife drawer, household chemicals under sinks, or worse… my new Nintendo DS Lite! Can somebody please tell me how they know where to find this stuff? It’s like they’re instinctively drawn to it, or my theory, some other ‘older infant/toddler’ told them (in baby babble) where to find the “goods” in their house while passing them at the market while sitting in the basket.
The wife and I are looking to baby proof, which is a little annoying since we wanted those magnetic key drawer-lock ones. But we’re rethinking that since we know of people who have accidentally lost the key (or the toddler “hid it”) and were shut out of their stuff.

So do you ever wonder what the most popular baby names are in other countries? I'm not sure why, but I do. Maybe just in case I ever run into a Pag-ibig in the future, I can say something like “Hey Pag-ibig - That’s was a pretty popular name back in 1995 wasn’t it?” Good conversation starter.

2 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

We finally put together a "tupperware" cupboard for her to play with. Problem is, when we need one, they're all slimy!

Yes! Crawfish is good...and messy.

Angel Baby said...

Annabelle has her own tupperware cupboard too...

Your daughter is beautiful.