Thursday, June 22, 2006

Preschool Drawings into Works of Art


I saw the COOLEST idea for artwork happening down at Gallery Nineteen Eighty-Eight (down on Melrose and La Brea). They went around asking preschoolers to draw their favorite scenes from Disney's Winnie the Pooh, and then "the professionals" (grown-up artists) took those kid-art creations and created pretty amazing pieces based on them. The results are very clever!
Being an artist myself, I'm always trying new things with my daughter, but at 11 months she can't "draw" yet, but it doesn't stop me from drawing her (I'll post those one day), creating funny artwork inspired by and for her, and she just loves watching me sketch (or just wants the pen/pencil really bad.)
But this idea is brilliant! I'll have to try this out in a few years time. (Now if only she could draw now without trying to eat the pencil...)

3 comments:

Angel Baby said...

Wow. This is very very cool.

And I love that you draw your daughter. I should definitely try that...

Would love to see those pictures some day!

Creative-Type Dad said...

One of these days when I have time to scan them...
(If only scanning was as easy as taking a picture..)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I wanna do it. My daughter produces and insane amount of "art". She's truly prolific.