Friday, June 23, 2006

The Doodlebops Freak Me Out.


But my daughter can’t keep her eyes off them. My wife and I have tried showing her snippets of other shows, but nothing resonates with her. It’s not that we don’t like the Doodlebops, but the orange guy (Moe) really scares me…(maybe it’s his voice, or the “hiding” thing at the beginning of each show). I think it’s because he reminds me of this guy that I use to work with, and he was a bit creepy and odd - like almost postal-strange. As first I really thought it could be him until I saw the pictures of them without makeup, they just look like kids from Fame.
Either way, maybe she likes the Sid and Marty Kroft –esque thing they’ve got going on. I think I may try showing her some of that stuff, but then again Cha-Ka might scare her (like he scares me).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their hands! Their hands are super freaky!

Creative-Type Dad said...

Hands, hair, the freaky-faces...I can go on...