Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Baby Mullets and other Cross-Over Hairstyles


I may be the only one here, but on more than a few occasions these days, while out and about, I’m noticing lots more of these on babies. And it bothers me. Not only baby mullets where the kid looks like 80’s Richard Marx or MacGyver, but also baby boys whose parents let the hair grow to look like Fabio. You know, long and flowing medieval hairdo (very D&D/Comic Book fan, part-time actor look – depending on where you live). I remember parents in the late 80’s early 90’s giving their young baby boys “cat-tails”, pierced ears, and all. That was weird. I thought modern-day parents knew better.
I have a suggestion: Don’t give your baby a mullet, grow a boys hair long, Mohawk, etc. Because when they get older they’ll hate you for it. And they decide which retirement village you'll ultimately live at. And trust me, they’ll remember the mullet.

5 comments:

cantellya said...

LOL! That's pretty funny!
I saw a picture of (I think) Goldie Hawn's boy. Very long hair, looked like a girl, though.
Long story short, I agree!

MrsFortune said...

Really? I've never seen a baby with a mullet. I shudder to think. But you are so right on the retirement home thing. For that same reason one should probably keep the naked embarassing pictures (of the kid, of course) to a minimum.

Creative-Type Dad said...

That's funny, I'll look for Goldie's kid, Fabio.

MrsFortune - I don't know, baby bath pictures make for good 'Show & Tell' material for a teenager...

cantellya said...

Don't know what I was thinking.... It's Goldie's grandson.... Oops...

Creative-Type Dad said...

Kate, Goldie...I swear they look the same. It's scary!