Thursday, April 27, 2006

Find out where the Sex offenders live in your neighborhood


I came across the creepiest thing today, enter your address and this thing shows you a Google map (and the names) of where registered sex offenders live and work in proximity to you and nearby schools. After entering my address, I was thankful not to see any of the neighbors. How scary would that be?
  • Family Watch Dog
  • 6 comments:

    MrsFortune said...

    Yeah but the thing is, these don't tell you WHAT the offense is, you know. Like it could be some 19 year old that got convicted of statutory for sleeping with his 16 year old girlfriend (really? shouldn't our courts be used for better? just my opinion), or it could be a pedaphile or a serial rapist. So I never look at that stuff. Also it's freakin' creepy.

    Creative-Type Dad said...

    Actually it does tell what the convictions are (the red squares). Looking at the pictures of these creeps scares me though.

    IzzyMom said...

    We have one of these search things and it's scary. (as is that pic of MJ. He looks like Joan Crawford.)

    cantellya said...

    My sister found out that the school nurse's husband (who's been having lunch with her AT SCHOOL) was recently parolled from prison for molesting a 5 year old back in the 80's.

    MrsFortune said...

    Oops ... I guess they must have changed it. My bad ... I swear I didn't make that up, it didn't used to.

    Creative-Type Dad said...

    @ izzy. Yeah, MJ looks like a cross between a Muppet, Joan Crawford and an Alien.