Monday, October 10, 2005

Yet another study on SIDS and...weird heads?


Today the American Academy of Pediatrics released another yet study to scare parents, and of course I had to read it. With caution, afraid I was doing something wrong and the police were just waiting to ram down my door. It all made sense, pretty common things but then I came across this part that freaked me out "Avoid development of positional plagiocephaly (flat back of head).... Avoid having the infant spend excessive time in car-seat carriers and “bouncers.” " What?! I don't want my little girl to have a "Flat back Head". I never thought of that? Is this a common thing? I've never noticed other baby’s with this problem but then again, they're always in car-seat's, laying down, or bouncers!? It's going to be hard enough when she's a teenager when she starts blaming me for breathing! Now this takes some serious thought...
  • American Acedemy of Pediatrics: AAP REVISES SIDS PREVENTION RECOMMENDATIONS
  • No comments: