Friday, June 09, 2006

We've got ourselves a "Little Parrot"


So the mini has been trying to talk for some time now, but last night my wife said something with the word "Up" and the mini immediately repeated it back, clearly. And she kept repeating it over, and over, and over again until she fell asleep.
Over the weekend, she was pointing at another kid around her age and would clearly say "Baby", and then she would point to some random woman and say the same thing.
It's pretty weird when this little thing starts talking, I never really put much thought into it, but somehow before becoming a Dad, I thought they just started talking maybe saying stuff like saying "Dad, go fetch your own beer, dammit". Well, no not really (and I wouldn't ask such a thing), but as a guy you don't go around pondering the learning/developmental habits of infants until you become a Dad.
It's really tempting to teach her words like "freak" and "hippie" right now. I wouldn't mind her pointing at people and saying stuff like that, because people would just laugh and think it was cute. If I said that, I'd probably get dirty looks or worse, punched.

No comments: