Wednesday, April 07, 2010

If Age Doesn’t Kill Me, This Will...


There’s just nothing that beats going into work and getting a surprise KFC lunch buffet birthday party by my co-workers.

And knowing the Kentucky Fried traditionalist that I am, none of this “grilled chicken” business was even on the table. Yes, these people know me well. Nothing but the Colonel's own invention's of extra-crispy, original, popcorn chicken (in little theater popcorn buckets), and a birthday candle planted in mash potatoes on top of a bucket of chicken - just the way they still celebrate birthdays in Kentucky and maybe central Ohio.
What more you say can a guy ask for?

How about the best birthday gift ever created:

KFC Double Down

2 original recipe fillets, swiss and pepper jack cheese, Colonel’s sauce , and (mouth-watering about now)…. Bacon!

I wouldn’t wait in line for an iPad, but I’m sure going to be waiting outside KFC Monday for this piece of heaven.
And then the rest of the year I'll be on a diet of just grapefruit, lettuce, and rocks just so I can eat another Double-Down next year.

12 comments:

Tania said...

I think it's time for an intervention. We're only trying to help.

furiousBall said...

you are a champion in my book

SciFi Dad said...

Technically, there's bread in the coating of the chicken, so it's still a sandwich.

Creative-Type Dad said...

Mac and Cheese -- you've been talking with my wife...?!

WILLIAM said...

I may have to find a KFC just to try that finger lickin good artery clogging sandwich

Anonymous said...

I read it's slightly worse than a Big Mac. 1300mg of sodium and 540 calories. KFC said they would reduce some salt and make it healthier.

I say add more bacon!

ArtistUnplugged said...

I'm guessing "happy birthday" is in order...if not, it definitely was just a real happy day! I believe you will need a double-down occasionally for newborn baby stamina!

How to Make Money Online said...

This is absolutely horrible but that double down looks amazing. I don't think we have those in Canada. Then again I know it would mean a couple more well hours at the gym so... yeah... but it does look good. God I miss just being fat lol.

Trueman said...

You had me until popcorn chicken. That one doesn't count. Popcorn chicken..ha!

painted maypole said...

Happy Birthday!!

Creative-Type Dad said...

The verdict - had it and it was good!
It was a little spicy and the bacon was more consistent with ham.

Maria Jensen said...

Ohh that does lokk good, but somehow i'm happy that we don't have this stuff here in Norway :p

Great blog you have,

Maria ;)