Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Is Over, "Black Friday" And Lionel Richie


Now I know why they call it “Black Friday”, because when you wake up early and find 200 other people who were waiting earlier than you, and the store doesn’t even have what you’re all looking for –you feel like a complete idiot.
So this morning I searched for a Nintendo Wii and they didn’t have it anywhere. My entire life, I’ve never jumped onto this mad rush bandwagon and after today’s experience, I’m never doing this again. I’m waiting until after-Christmas and just putting an I.O.U. (to myself) under the tree. But all was not lost - I did find a great deal on a VHS to DVD recorder for $99 (which is a steal!) We have what seems like millions of movies on video tapes and nearly every Disney Animated movie on VHS and there’s no way I’m paying $18-25 each to replace them with DVD’s.

How was your Thanksgiving? Good I hope. Mine – well, we drove out to my uncles’ house in far out Riverside and it took over 2 hours to get there. The food was excellent, it was really nice to see some of the family, and my daughter loved exploring my uncles’ house with her cousins. Although, we’re hoping to have dinner somewhere else next year, because Riverside isn’t close...and it’s a scary place. We saw some rowdy kids throwing bottles at cars near the freeway off-ramp. I guess that’s how they say “Happy Thanksgiving” in Riverside.

Tonight I’m taking the wife to dinner and to see the Lionel Richie concert for her birthday. I hope he sings “All Night Long” because for some reason, that song is stuck in my head. I’m just walking around yelling, “Damn you Lionel Richie, get outta my head!!”

11 comments:

junebee said...

Enjoy the concert!

I wouldn't camp outside of a store for anything. I am FAR too lazy.

dennis said...

with the wife singing 'all night long' mayhaps it would be time to leave the kid's at the grandparents' house and put the B-52's on the wi-fi...

Redneck Mommy said...

Thus far in my short little life (ha!) I have managed to avoid the bandwagon craze. Of course, being so young (ha!) there is plenty of time for me to find my own bandwagon and jump on board.

Sorry your bandwagon was full and pushed you under the wheels...

Hey, Tony, just letting you know you're not showing up in my bloglines feed. I had to unsubscribe you and then re-subscribe. Might be happening with others too..Just letting you know.

Creative-Type Dad said...

T. - I moved to the new blogger "beta" since then, I've been having problems with feeds and a few other things.

Radioactive Tori said...

I hope the concert was fun but now you got that song stuck in my head!

Anonymous said...

Better than having "endless love" or "easy" in your brain...

"Thats why Im easy
Im easy like sunday morning"

Ohmygawd. lol

Hope you had a good time!

Creative-Type Dad said...

I think I have all of the songs stuck in my head now.

All of them except "Ballerina Girl" (wait, that one now too)

Unknown said...

Hope the concert was good. And stay out of Riverside, why dontcha?

Sarah said...

I just discovered your blog from Joke's "Same Thing Only Different".

I am so glad to find another smart funny blog.

I'm searching for one of those Wii doo dads too.

Rob Barron said...

Wii?

360, sure.

PS3, you bet.

But a Wii? It's the last one out of the gate and has the slowest processor speed.

Wow, I'm really a dork...

Creative-Type Dad said...

Rob - me too!

Sarah O. - if you find one, you have magical powers